Is PayFast Secure?
Yes. Absolutely. Here’s what their website has to say:
- PayFast is PCI DSS Level 1 Service Provider (the highest level).
- PayFast is developed with the same demands on security and performance as web sites used for banking services and share trading. Your account login, personal details, and all money transactions are secured using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology with high security 256 bit encryption.
- Your sensitive financial information (like credit/debit card details) is never sent to the people you pay! So you can send money without sending your financial information! So you don’t need to worry about paying people you don’t know.
- We make use of 3D Secure to further enhance the security of credit card transactions on PayFast.
See the security page on our website for more details of the exact security measures PayFast has in place.
Do you ship?
No. We do not ship items. Why? Moving On agents arrange sales at a specific venue. These venues are not published on the site – just their general area by Province and City to protect the homeowner selling the items. The online shopping facility was designed to PRE-BOOK items in advance of the physical sale event. You are responsible for collecting the items on the day of the sale and paying the outstanding balance to the sales agent on the day. The agent’s contact details are published on each product page and the sales agents list. Should you wish to purchase items outside of your area, please contact the relevant agent to arrange your own shipping.
I don't see the date of the sale
All Sales Events are published on the Sales Events Page
I made an error in purchasing the wrong item
It happens! To rectify the problem please contact the relevant sales agent to reverse the funds and put the items back in stock so that somebody else has a chance to purchase.
What is a HOME SALE CODE?
Glad you asked! The HOME SALE CODE allows us to tie a set of products to an actual Sales Event – all our contents of home sales take place at an actual location at a time specified by Seller and the Sales Agent responsible for arranging the event. The old system (before we built the new website) only showed images and prices for an event, and did not allow for PRE-BOOKING an item online (i.e. taking deposits ahead of the actual sale. Now you can.
You can search for a particular Home Sale by either clicking on the Home Sale Code or using the search dropdowns.
Customers will still need to arrive at the venue on the day to pay the sales agent the balance owing on your deposit and to collect the goods. We do not deliver.
How do I SELL stuff on your website?
Easy… Visit the SALES AGENTS page, and search for an agent in your area.
Contact the agent and they’ll arrange the Sales Event at your home or business at a time that’s convenient for you. They will discuss pricing the items at the correct price based on their experience, take images, and set up items on the website. Customers are allowed to pre-book items online with a 20% deposit, but will still have to arrive at the sale to pay the outstanding amount to the agent and to collect their purchases.
Why can't I pay for items in my basket?
- This is because you may not be the only one purchasing the item. If somebody else has a successful transaction before you, it takes the item out of stock and it becomes unavailable for purchase. This is the nature of selling second hand goods – there is generally only one item available. First come, first served.
- There may be a problem with your Card, or bank. You may have to contact your banking institution.
- You have left the item in your basket for longer than 15 minutes. You only have 15 minutes before the basket gets voided.
I've paid my deposit, what happens next?
- You will receive an invoice from Moving On showing your successful payment, and the outstanding balance.
- The agent will contact you to let you know where and when you can collect. Please bring the balance of payment with you, or arrange payment with the agent.
- Make sure that you can collect the item yourself – you need to bring someone to help you carry, transport that will hold your item, a blanket to wrap around it, or a box to carry it in, rope to tie it down with!
Can I buy from any part of the country?
Yes you can, but you must remember that WE DO NOT SHIP goods. You are responsible for collecting items at the Home Sale Event on the day. If you wish to proceed with purchasing items outside of your physical location or area, or are unable to arrive at the location – PLEASE CONTACT THE SALES AGENT (listed underneath the product in question) to arrange for alternate methods of collection via courier or other means of shipping at your own cost.
How does Payfast work? I don't get it?
Please don’t leave the checkout page to go to your bank – if you carry on with Payfast you are guaranteed that your item will be reserved for you. Call them on 021 300 4455 (during working hours) if you are stuck. If you do decide to pay with your bank, you need to use the long Payfast reference number as your beneficiary reference and you should make an immediate interbank payment. If you contact us and we can’t find your payment, you will need to call Payfast to find out what the problem is – most likely is that when you left our checkout page and went to your bank you didn’t use the correct beneficiary reference.